The Citizens Information Board is the statutory body, which supports the provision of information, advice, money advice and advocacy services to members of the public on the broad range of social services in Ireland. Citizens Information Board comes within the remit of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
The Board’s mission is to ensure that individuals have easy access to high quality, independent information, advice, advocacy and budgeting services on a confidential basis so that they can identify their needs and access their entitlements.
The Board produces a number of publications and runs the citizensinformation.ie website. Services are delivered both directly (through the website) and through the 21 organisations we fund (see below).
CIB funds and supports 21 delivery service companies:
- 8 Citizens Information Services (CISs)
- 8 Money Advice and Budgeting Services (MABS)
- National Advocacy Service for people with disabilities (NAS)
- Citizens Information Phone Service (CIPS)
- MABS Support CLG
- National Traveller MABS
- Sign Language Interpreting Services