Webinar, May 10, 2023
Target Groups for Debt Advice
Invited national experts from Germany, Finland, and Malta will speak on the topic of target groups for debt advice. People experiencing over-indebtedness may have specific concerns or additional needs requiring a more targeted approach to debt advice.
People with gambling debts
Aura Pylkkanen (Finland)
Sally Peters (Germany)
People with Disabilities
Rhoda Garland (Malta)
Case studies and characteristics of specific client groups
- Active and passive debtors
- Working with people who think they are in helpless situations:
- unemployed people, social welfare recipients,
- people with low disposable income.
- Dealing with sick people, substance and non-substance addicted people,
- Dealing with people with good resources but without budget management
- Problems with running a one-person household by divorcees / singles.
- Typical Senior problems: “grandson” fraud, issues with a new bank, naivety
- Dealing with sick people, substance and non-substance addicted people
- Difficulties in advisory for:
- migrants – language and cultural barrier,
- homeless people,