To fight Over-indebtedness, we need knowledge about both problems and solutions! All research is important for us to ensure that we have all available knowledge and thus ensuring that everything we do and recommend is based on undisputed facts. The ECDN does not itself publish any reports, but many of our member organisations do publish reports detailing the state of debt, debt advice and creditor practice across Europe. We publish these reports here to give you all easy access to important knowledge regarding debt across Europe.
Below you can find research articles / reports made by our own members and other people in the field.
Dr. Dieter Korczak, Amnesty of Debts: Amicable agreement and statutory solution Synthesis Report. Peer Review in the field of social inclusion policies, The Netherlands 2006
Dr. Dieter Korczak, Überschuldung in Deutschland zwischen 1988 und 1999. Schriftenreihe Band 198. Bundesministerium für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend, Stuttgart 2001
Dr. Dieter Korczak, Münchner Schuldenprävention für Kinder und Jugendliche. Evaluationsergebnisse aus fünf Jahren wissenschaftlicher Begleitforschung des Präventionsprojektes Cashless. München 2010
Beata Swiecka, Aleksandra Grzesiuk, Dieter Korczak, Olga Wyszkowska-Kaniewska, Financial Literacy and Financial Education. Theory and Survey. De Gruyter Oldenbourg: Berlin/Boston 2019
Dr. Dieter Korczak, the Money Advice and Budgeting Service Ireland (MABS). A service to help people with financial problems and to tackle over-indebtedness. Synthesis Report. Peer Review in the field of social inclusion policies. Irland 2004
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
GP Forschungsgruppe/ ULD Schleswig-Holstein, Scoring nach der Datenschutznovelle 2009 und neue Entwicklungen, Kiel, München 2014
- Boyle, Melissa (2019) “An examination of the Debt Relief Notice and its effectiveness in improving the financial well-being of over-indebted individuals”
- Deane, Audry (2017) “Services and supports for people living with inadequate income and experiencing financial exclusion”
- Harris, Gwen (2016) “Financial Exclusion through lack of access to banking facilities”
- MABS “Central Credit Register”
- McCarthy, Lane & Byrne (2013) “CORK MABS STUDY Clients’ Experiences, Opinions and Satisfaction Levels”
- Narional Traveller MABS (2011) “Issues of Personal Finance within the Traveller Community”
- Stamp, McMahon & McLoughlin (2017) “Left Behind in the Cold”
- Alleweldt et al (2013) “The over-indebtedness of European households – updated mapping of the situation, nature and causes, effects and initiatives for alleviating its impact – part 1”
- Alleweldt et al (2013) “The over-indebtedness of European households – updated mapping of the situation, nature and causes, effects and initiatives for alleviating its impact – part 2”
- Dubois, Hans et al (2020) “Adressing household over-indebtedness”, Eurofound
Sharing is caring
If you have research articles, both new and old, which you want us to share here on the ECDN website, then please contact us. You can also contact us, if you know of other research, which is not done by you, but which is relevant to any of the categories above.